Wednesday 5 June 2013

Summer arrives.

It's been a long wait but as June came upon us the summer arrived too. What's even better is that it's NLC season again.
I have been out a number of times since my last post but I've been too lazy to update as there wasn't anything of great importance to report.

I was able to start the summer season with a great NLC display on May 30th/31st and another faint, photographic only, display last night.

I was also out on Friday the 31st with NIAAS at Bragan. We all had a good BBQ but sadly cloud lingered to the North and South skies so if there were any NLCs they were blocked from view and with all my observing plans being in the south sky that meant my night was a non productive one. I did get to see Saturn in good detail and a few other objects through the other scopes but I ended up just talking to everyone for a while and then laying down in the car to warm up and rest.

Below are my current photos of the NLCs I've observed and photographed.

NLCs May 30th/31st








NLCs June 4th/5th





ISS Pass during the NLC session





I was also out on May 29th and was able to photograph the Mercury, Venus and Jupiter conjunction. 









No comments:

Post a Comment