Thursday 6 June 2013

ISS and Saturn.

To my disappointment there were no NLCs last night but that wasn't my only purpose of being out.
I took with me my EQ6 Pro and my rather shoddy 4" Refractor in the hopes to image Saturn. So with all that and my laptop and webcams in the boot of the car I got all set up and ready for a short imaging session.

I also had the DSLR setup on the tripod in case there were NLCs and even though there weren't having the camera on stand by allow me to get images of two ISS passes and some stunning twilight views.

I'd never imaged Saturn before but seeing was good but after getting all running and the planet focused on my laptop screen I realise now that I need to dump this scope and get something better.
I have a few options in mind but it will be a while before I make a purchase.

The midges were deadly. I wasn't being bitten much - thankfully - but I had to try and tolerate a huge cloud of them around my head. At times it was too much so quick runs back to the car for shelter saved me from going mad.
It did calm down as it got as dark as it could.

I am hoping tonight will reveal a NLC display. Thank goodness we've had clear skies all week and looks to be the same for the rest of the week.

ISS, second pass:




 North and North East sky in twilight:




Saturn: 




No comments:

Post a Comment