Sunday 1 April 2012

31st March 2012 - Report

Another clear night. This has to be some kind of record for our country. Five clear nights in one week, doing well if you get that in five months.
I had to do some late work and when I got home I was feeling to tired to bother going out but after getting  a text message from the Chairman about how good the seeing was and the view of Mars I had to get out.
Sadly the good seeing didn't reach its way down to me but I wanted to image the moon again and see if I had learned anything from my mistakes.
Mars was actually terrible for me. I could barely make out any details and the polar cap was not to be seen most of the time.

I only stayed out for just over 90 minutes to image the Moon. Even looking at double stars was awful so I packed up after I got all the AVIs I wanted. I used the EQ6 Pro with the 4" Refractor.

I am pleased with my result this time. Everything looks more consistent and sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment