Sunday 1 April 2012

28th March 2012 - Report

Today was forecast to be the last clear day and night of the week and possibly the weekend, so how could I resist. I didn't want to miss a possible last chance, maybe for some time, and also getting out for a fourth night in a row. Something that's never happened to me before.
The evening started of so lovely. The air was warm, there wasn't a breath of wind, humidity was low and seeing was steady. Transparency was poor but that's to be expected in a high pressure weather system.
The evening was great right up until the moment I stopped imaging. Almost as soon as I had finished cloud moved in from the north and because there was barely a breeze it wasn't going to move any time soon so I decided to call it a night and get to bed early for once this week.

Location = Bragan

Equipment = 14" Skywatcher, laptop, webcams.

Start Time = 20:48


My imaging results were varied, I wasn't completely happy but it's another step in the learning curve.
I was feeling pleased about the capture I had of Venus only to realise that I still had the monochrome cam in from imaging the moon, whoops.
The image of the moon was hit and miss. I made a few silly errors in shutter speeds and camera gain, which resulted in some inconsistent colour tones across some of the image. I also got a bit hungry and decided to have a nibble at a few parts of the moon, I do apologies but could you imagine my disappointment when I discovered that it wasn't Cheshire cheese!

As the clouds were rolling in I did have a view at Mars, a few double stars and M3 but the views weren't anything to write home about so that's all I will say about them.

Finish = 23:20


No comments:

Post a Comment