Saturday 14 August 2010

13th August 2010 - Report

A very cloudy day but the weather forecast did show the night to be clear so I made the decision to join in on the NIAAS annual Perseid meteor watch and BBQ at Killylane.
I also invited my brother along, to which he agreed.

I didn't bring any equipment with me apart from my reclining chair, laser pointer and 15x70 binoculars. I never used the binoculars though so it was an observing night with a set of eye balls only.
There was a nice display of perseids but not as many as I was hoping for.

I did have a gander through Stevie's C6 to see Jupiter, M29 and a very good view of Uranus.

The night was a shortish one as cloud thickened up just after 1am but the food was good and the company and banter even more so.

No comments:

Post a Comment