Wednesday 22 July 2009

Wait, wait... Say cheese!

I bought myself an early birthday present last night. I went ahead and made a payment for a SPC900NC cam so I can dip my fingers into trying out some planetary and lunar imaging. I did, after all, buy the EQ6 Pro with some intentions on trying out some exposure photograhy so I am looking forward to it.
I only wish I had it already to try and capture the impact mark on Jupiter.

I got the cam from a nice chap over on the AstroChat forum.

It will probably be a week or two before I have anything to show, no doubt I will make a lot of beginner mistakes but as always with astronomy, patience is the key.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Simon,

    This is the beginning of a great blog, well done and keep at it! Your chosen club, the NIAAS, is a bit of a backwater these days and may hold you back a bit, so I would recommend moving on. Forumwise that means the Astronomy, Photography and Weather Forum which is NI based and has more traffic than any other astronomy forum in Ireland. Societywise, the Irish Astronomical Association in Belfast is bigger, better, cheaper and has much nicer people running it - try coming along to our lectures - alternate Wednesdays starting in September.

    Clear skies,

    Paul.

    ReplyDelete