Wednesday 29 July 2009

28 July 2009 - Report - A new world

My Toucam arrived the other day. I was expecting it to be an SPC900CN but turned out to be a Toucam Pro 2 with the Sony CCD chip and mono mod so all is still fine.

I was able to get out last night and try my hand at how it works.

I was completely exhausted from several days of long distance driving so instead of setting up my 10" I went for the easy option and setup the 4" Refractor.

The conditons were poor too, with bad seeing and a lot of broken heavy cloud floating by quite often.

Well here is my first planet image if Jupiter. It consisted over 1200 frames and all stacked and processed in Registax.





Considering the conditions and the average optical quality of the scope for photography I am some what pleased with it. When looking between the two equatorial belts I seem to have captured the shadow of Io's transit!

4 comments:

  1. nice job! I need to get cam software installed on my new laptop and then learn how to use it! On another note I collected my new car today and should be better for transporting odds, sods and telescopes to dark and clear locations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on another note is the location typo deliberate in your profile ? Tryone??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and you are more than welcome to come down to me and take full advantage of my dark sites. I have plans to meet up with a few of the members quite a bit at my sites over these next few months and you are more than welcome.

    Oh dear, no that typo is accidental. I'm sorry to say that I am a bit dyslexic so silly typos like that are to be expected of me. I will get that corrected, thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the offer, love to take you up on it some nice evening.

    ReplyDelete